Makes 15 cakes
- Oil, as needed for pan-frying
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 1 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Sour cream and lemon slices for serving
Place a frying pan over medium heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with ⅛ inch of oil.
In a mixing bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients. Divide the zucchini mixture into 15 equal servings. Press into ¼-inch thick patties with your hands and gently place into the pan of oil. Fill the pan and cook each patty until browned on the underside, then flip and brown on the other side, repeating with the remainder of the patties. When cakes are browned on both sides, transfer them to a paper towel–lined plate to drain and cool slightly before serving.