The New Year is always a time to evaluate your life and vow to make changes for the better. There’s always the “I’ll eat less and workout more” and the “I’ll save more” resolutions, but what should your resolutions be if you are looking to buy a home in 2017? This year, The Cesi Pagano Team is offering New Years Resolutions for home buyers to get your money in shape and prepare you for homeowner success!
- Work with a Realtor. Working with a realtor makes your home buying process a million times easier! Having a realtor to guide you in the right direction and have your best interests in mind will ensure a less stressful home buying experience .The Cesi Pagano Team agents are experts in the field of real estate. Trust the experts; it makes the process a lot easier and more fun.
- Educate yourself on your credit history and credit score. These will rule your financial life and weigh heavily on your ability to get your dream house. Mortgage lenders will pull credit scores, so educate yourself before you apply for a loan. You canget a free copy from each of the credit reporting bureaus once a year from annualcreditreport.combut you’ll still have to pay for your score (about $9). You can also go to MyFico.com and purchase a copy of your credit history and score.
- Practice good credit behavior. If your credit score is below 750 you should think about boosting your score by doing the following:
- Pay your bills on time and in full each month
- Maintain at least four open and active lines of credit
- Dispute errors – mistakes happen, dispute errors online through Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion
- Under use your cards – don’t use credit for everything. Stick to the credit utilization ratio of no more than 30% of your limit.
- Raise your credit limit – only if you can trust yourself not to over spend.
- Find the best loan. Finding the best loan with the right terms can be difficult, so this means you will have to do your research and be patient. We recommend talking to at least four or five lenders before making a decision. This includes a big box, national lender, a small local lender, a credit union, a mortgage broker and an online lender.
The Cesi Pagano Team