10 Ways to Make your Home Irresistible to Buyers
So you’ve taken the plunge and decided to sell your home. It’s on the market along with many other homes that potential buyers are sifting through. So how do you make your home stand out and become irresistible to as many buyers as possible? Here at The Cesi Pagano Team, we’ve provided you with some surefire ways make your home irresistible to buyers!
1) Paint the Exterior of your Home. We’ve all heard it, “don’t judge a book by its cover,” but the truth is, when it comes to buying a house the “cover” is the first thing buyers see and judge. A fresh coat of paint will boost a home’s curb appeal and make it stand out.
2) Cut the grass, trim trees and overgrown bushes, and sweep your walkways and patios. This all goes back to first opinions, judging a book by its cover, and boosting your curb appeal. Buyers will notice the little things. If the outside of your house looks neglected buyers will automatically assume that the interior is and judge accordingly.
3) Water your lawn and add appealing landscaping if necessary. No potential buyer wants to drive up to a house that looks like it belongs in the Sahara desert. Keep your lawn well-manicured and add flowers or shrubs to improve your curb appeal.
4) Paint the interior. Paint is an amazing thing! It livens up your house, covers those weathered marks, and the smell of fresh paint will tell buyers that you’ve made and effort revamp your home. Be sure to choose a neutral color scheme that appeals to many people.
5) Clean your counter-tops, floors, and dust furniture, vents, and ceiling fans. Nothing turns off a potential buyer like a dirty house. A well-kept house conveys a problem-free house to buyers. Make that house sparkle!
6) Consider removing any furniture that crowds a room. De-clutter you home and give it a more open and airy feel; something many buyers desire. Put your excess furniture into storage, sell it, or donate it.
7) Open all curtains and blinds and turn on all the lights. When you have an open house it’s important that your house looks its best. Bright lights and natural light help show off your home’s beauty
8) Remove some (not all) of your personal pictures. You don’t want your house to be a walk-in-scrapbook, but you also don’t want it to look overly staged. Be tasteful.
9) Consider bringing in some fresh flowers and/or lighting a candle. Make your home smell fresh and clean and look amazing. It’s the little things that sometimes make the biggest difference.
10) Keep the temperature at a comfortable level. You don’t want potential buyers sweating profusely in your home (they’re stressed out enough with the whole home buying process) and you don’t want them to freeze and rush through the house. Keep it comfortable!