Happy first day of spring! Did you know that spring is the optimal time to sell your home regardless of whether it’s a buyer’s or seller’s market? During the springtime, inventory rises and the number of individuals looking to buy a home increases as well. In fact, during the months of April, May, and June, you have the highest rates of buyers.
So now that spring has sprung, what can you do to prep your home for the spring market? Check out our list below!
1. Spring Clean Your Home
There’s no better time than now to do a deep cleaning on your entire home. Getting your home in tiptop shape for showings and open houses will pay off (and will make it really nice for you to live there in the meantime!) Check out our blog from last week which includes a thorough checklist to make your home sparkle and shine!
2. Start Packing
You already know you’re going to move, so this is a perfect time to get a head-start on filling up some moving boxes. Here are some tips:
– Pack away your winter clothes so closets are more spacious
– Sell or donate anything you don’t want to move (clothing, toys, furniture, etc.)
– Pack and store away your personal and valuable items (this will also make you feel safer and more secure during open houses and showings)
3. Liven Up the Landscaping
For photos, showings, and open houses you will want the yard to look appealing and also easy to maintain. Here’s how you can achieve that:
– Mow the lawn
– Make sure your sprinkler system is tuned up and working
– Plant some fresh, new flowers
– Trim bushes and trees
– Lay down some fresh mulch
– Repaint the front door if it’s looking a little dull or weathered
– Power-wash the deck or patio and re-paint the patio furniture if needed.