Cesi Pagano and Associates are masterminds in the home buying market. With over 35 years of experience in the industry, Cesi and her team have acquired an astounding amount of knowledge when it comes to finding and purchasing the perfect home.
Here are just a few of these helpful tips:
- Avoid making large purchases within six months when considering buying a home. Any changes in your credit can harm your chances of finding a lender.
- Get pre-approval for your home loan to avoid wasting time looking at homes you can’t quite afford. This will also allow you the opportunity to shop for better interest rates and deals.
- There is no wrong time to buy. There is no possible way to anticipate the housing market. The best time to buy is when it is right for you!
- Get a survey done on the potential property. This clarifies how much property you will own and can prevent possible neighbor disputes.
- Remember, you’re not just paying for the mortgage, other fees will come along with this purchase. From property taxes, utilities, homeowner association fees, potential repairs to the home, and a variety of other things that can come up, owning a home is more than the initial price tag.
- Don’t buy on impulse. Do your homework and scout all potential areas you are considering. You want to compare regions, neighborhoods, home values, schools (if applicable), etc. to have a better understanding of all your options so you can make an informed decision.
- Focus on making decisions with your mind and not your heart. Sometimes, decisions based solely on emotions can lead to the wrong financial decision.
- Keep note of what you want in a home, and separately, what you can’t live without.
- Check out the neighborhood. You are not only buying a home, but you are buying into the community and lifestyle around it.
- Location is critical in maximizing your future home value, as well as the enjoyment of your home. Simple changes like carpet, wall color, re-painting cabinets, or other small fixes can turn it into your dream home, but remember, you can change the interior, but you can’t change the location.
- Hire a home inspector. They will be able to provide an unbiased opinion on the condition of the home, as well as potential savings in the future, not to mention being able to point out unexpected repairs needed. Finding this out before your purchase can offer the opportunity to re-negotiate if any issues are found, as the seller will need to address them.
- When making an offer on a home, make sure you consider comparable homes and adjust your price accordingly, keeping in mind both deficiencies of this current home as well as upgrades. Overpaying could be a long term detriment, but lowballing an offer could mean missing out on a fantastic home.
- Keep in mind, in the end, it’s not how much lower than asking price you get your home, but the overall opportunity to obtain everything you have been looking for that makes the experience successful.
If you are wanting more hints and tips on what to look for in buying a home, contact the experts Cesi Pagano & Associates for more information. Cesi Pagano & Associates are guaranteed to help you find your dream home at your budget price!